Sherlock News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum to discuss all things Sherlock!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rob from England

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rob

rob

Rob from England Empty
PostSubject: Rob from England   Rob from England I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:55 am

As a lifelong fan of the entire canon of Sherlock Holmes I thought it best to join.Having seen and enjoyed the series Sherlock on the BBC it proved beyond doubt that the character and stories are indeed timeless,and the transition to the modern world worked very well indeed.
I live in Cheshire,England.Having grown up reading Holmes' tales on a regular basis(along with a certain Belgian detectives adventures)and having seen the Jeremy Brett interpretation(which was/is superb)it was a breath of fresh air to see the latest twist on the great detective.Long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

Rob from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob from England   Rob from England I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Welcome to the forum Rob! So great to meet you!

Thanks for telling introducing yourself! It's always great to meet another fellow Sherlockian!

I hope you have fun here and if you have any questions or suggestions just let me know! Post it in the welcome forum or message me Wink

I feel the same way as you! The SH stories are so timeless and this new adaptation is wonderful! Very Happy

~ Nikita ~
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbcsherlocknewsforum.forumotion.com
Cecilie Gronlund

Cecilie Gronlund

Rob from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob from England   Rob from England I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Hey Rob :]
Instead of starting my own "Hey I'm Cecilie from Denmark"-conversation, I thought I might as well write in here, to get something of a conversation started Smile

I'm Cecilie and I'm from Dk - surprised! I actually started paying attention to Sherlock Holmes in the early autum. My English-teacher showed the first episode, A study in pink, from BBC One's Sherlock in my class. I knew of Sherlock Holmes before, but never really payed much attention to his "adventures". Now I'm following the progresses to the second season closely, and I've begun to watch previous series too, and when I've put Treasure Island on the shelf again, I'm considering reading Sherlock Holmes Very Happy

And this is a question to all of you fine and noble Englishmen out there Wink Are they showing the second season of the new Sherlock at the BBC One only, or is it shown at BBC HD too?

CG
Back to top Go down
rob

rob

Rob from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob from England   Rob from England I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:35 am

The BBC usually show all the new/quality/expensive drama in HD and online but as yet there are no specific dates for transmission Evil or Very Mad
When you start to read the SH books you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy they are to read,and how varied in complexity the tales are,as I'm sure you are aware not every story contains a crime!
My personal favourites are The Blue Carbuncle,The Red Headed League and The Hound of the Baskervilles.Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Cecilie Gronlund

Cecilie Gronlund

Rob from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob from England   Rob from England I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Thanx rob Smile That was nice to know I still have a chance for watching it exactly when season two premiere Smile
Year I know of that not-always-a-crime-story. I've read some other detective-stories previously Smile
I will be looking forward to them then Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rob from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob from England   Rob from England I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob from England
Page 1 of 1