Sherlock News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum to discuss all things Sherlock!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jenny from Singapore

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jenny

jenny

Jenny from Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Jenny from Singapore   Jenny from Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan from Singapore - if you know where it is! (If not, try google it!) I am past 30 (sigh) so I guess I'd rank as among the older fans, if not the oldest, around.

Our education system is British-based, but our society is definitely more influenced by the American culture, so as you can guess, it's tough getting anything Sherlock Holmes here...it's practically a desert (the hot weather is similar anyway). I had the fortune of visiting London twice and both times I went to the Sherlock Holmes museum, just to feel that little closer to the great detective. I even went to Edinburgh, birthplace of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Thanks to the internet, I have had the luxury of watching Sherlock as well as buying Sherlock Holmes related books & dramas over the years. I grew up reading study mysteries like Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys and The Three Investigators. Besides Sherlock Holmes, my other favourite "detectives" include Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple, and Maurice Leblanc's Arsène Lupin.

Oops, I've written up such a long-winded intro without realising it...my apologies! [Orz] Looking forward to sharing more about Sherlock with you all!

sherlocking
Back to top Go down
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jenny from Singapore   Jenny from Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Welcome Jenny!! So great to have you here with us!
Thanks for giving us some info about yourself Smile It's always great to meet another fellow Sherlockian! Very Happy
It's wonderful so see so many fans from all over the world!
I hope you have fun here and if you have any questions or suggestions just let me know!
You went to London? Lucky you! It is my mission in life to go to the SH museum one day!! Very Happy

~ Nikita ~
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbcsherlocknewsforum.forumotion.com
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

PostSubject: Re: Jenny from Singapore   Jenny from Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Great another Christie fan! I my not live in Singapore but I also live in an area where not many people like Sherlock Holmes! the Hardy boys used to be my favourite detectives. I liked Joe Better! But I never really enjoyed Nancy Drew, my sister does though, and she also likes Trixie Belden!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
Claire
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Jenny from Singapore   Jenny from Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Should it really be this normal to love in an area where not many people like Sherlock Holmes? I, for one, think that we should take care of this right away!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jenny from Singapore   Jenny from Singapore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jenny from Singapore
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sherlock News Forum :: Welcome! :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: