Sherlock News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum to discuss all things Sherlock!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favourite Episode?

Go down 
+3
jenny
Harley.Quin
BBC Sherlock Admin
7 posters

Favourite Episode from series one?
A Study In Pink
Favourite Episode? I_vote_lcap22%Favourite Episode? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
The Blind Banker
Favourite Episode? I_vote_lcap22%Favourite Episode? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
The Great Game
Favourite Episode? I_vote_lcap56%Favourite Episode? I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Vote and discuss your favourite episode from series one here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbcsherlocknewsforum.forumotion.com
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:42 pm

I really liked The Great Game , of coure it was the only episode that I was able to see on TV, the rest I had to watch online.
I enjoy how in all the episodes, there are quotes from the books. They make me smile when I hear them!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:55 pm

I agree Harley, The Great Game was my favourite too! I loved all the episodes but that one in particular had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! And what about that cliff hanger at the end! I have no idea what's going to happen next and I cannot wait to find out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:09 pm

I wonder if the produceres will try to pull a trick like in the Last Bow where he soposedly died and make Watson Faint when he reappeared! I have to say that is one of my favourite lines in the books! But they obviiously survived, they are making three episodes not one!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

That's very true! But I just don't know how they're gonna pull it off! Will Sherlock shoot the bomb and the whole building explodes? Will Moriarty change his mind? Will Mycroft show up at the last minute??? Who knows!

Some people think the whole swimming pool idea is a reference to the Reichenbach Falls and maybe the bomb will explode and they will end up in the water. Maybe the next episode will begin with John waking up in hospital three weeks later and thinking Sherlock is dead but then he shows up with a complex explanation for how he survived. Then again they can't spend too long resolving the cliff hanger because no doubt the main point of the episode will be a new case to solve and we only get another three episodes as it is!
Back to top Go down
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:30 pm

I didn’t think of the Falls reference. That is an interesting idea! It looked as though Sherlock was going to shoot at the bomb if I remember correctly. But anyway it is solved it will be interesting. If I were to write the next episode I would probably have them jump into the pool though (protection from fire and most of the shrapnel), because Moriarty seems like the kind of villain to play with his "victims". So he would probably allow for an escape.
~Harley
Back to top Go down
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Yes I think you're right! And despite what Moriarty said I don't think he really wants to kill Sherlock yet, it wasn't spectacular enough for him! Laughing We will have to wait till the Autumn to find out! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Favourite Episode? 257698
Back to top Go down
jenny

jenny

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:09 pm

I chose The Great Game for its non-stop actions throughout and the epic cliffhanger. I was practically clutching the armrest so hard that my fingers hurt and my heart pounded fast. Nevertheless, the first two episodes were equally important to build up the suspense and for the development of the relationship between Sherlock and John.

If you haven't heard Steven Moffat and Benedict Cumberbatch (!!) on the recent NPR Morning Edition , you should NOW!! When asked about Sherlock season 2, Moffat coyly gave these details, "Adler, Hound and Reichenbach." Awwwwwwww!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
The Improbable One

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:11 pm

I agree with Harley about how they'll probably jump in the pool. That's what I would say would happen, if I wrote it. Hahaha. RAGE QUIT THAT I HAVE TO WAIT!
Back to top Go down
http://I don't actually have a website, but I do have facebook.
Claire
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Claire

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Like everyone else, I thought that the Great Game wase the best. But, A Study in Pink had the best lines by far- "I'm not a psycopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MeganHolmes
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
MeganHolmes

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Even though I'm pretty much repeating everyone haha The Great Game was definitely my favorite. I didn't think of the whole falls reference but that makes sense and along with everyone else I think they will jump in the pool to save themselves.

I agree with you Claire that The Study In Pink had the best quotes from it and I just like how the first episode is based off of the first Sherlock Holmes story just thought that was kinda cool.

But really every episode was pretty much awesome even though the Great Game was my favorite the other 2 are like really really close to also being my favorites haha. Can't wait for the next season to begin. I hope it will be played on American TV at the same time as it is played in Britain because I didn't like that whole trying to find it online and then after a few months it being on PBS lol. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
LolaEliot

LolaEliot

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 7:29 pm

The Great Game

3 amazing breathtaking cases >< cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.bqlzr.com
Sponsored content

Favourite Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Episode?   Favourite Episode? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Episode?
Page 1 of 1