Sherlock News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum to discuss all things Sherlock!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Harley Quin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Hey!
I am Harley and I love reading the stories by AC Doyle. I just recieved everything he ever wrote about Sherlock holmes for Christmas and I am so excited! I have two cats to mice and two goldfish. I would love a dogand i volunteer alot! My favourtie place to volunteer is at my local humane society. Im a Christian, and I am very interested in foriegn languages. Right now I am learning spanish and German! I also ike JRR Tolkien, CS Lewis, Agatha Christie, and many other writers. I read jut about any genre, except for horror! But I guess murder mysteries are a little Horrifying... I am looking at working as an intereprerter for the police department or working for the government!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Welcome to the forum Harley! So great to meet you!

Thanks for telling us about yourself! It's always great to meet another fellow Sherlockian!

I hope you have fun here and if you have any questions or suggestions just let me know! Post it in the welcome forum or message me Wink

I looove murder mysteries too but I don't like horror either! Laughing

~ Nikita ~
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbcsherlocknewsforum.forumotion.com
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Yeah, there is a big difference between someone writing about blood and body parts and ghosts, and a well-written murder mystery. Even though I have a phobia of being murdered. (Maybe I am little crazy!) My favorite murder mystery is And Then There Were None. It is brilliant!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
The Improbable One

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Horror gives me a wicked adrenaline rush, pleasure though, Harley. I'm Hana. Glad to see there are others like me out there. Sort of. I'm a writer, I don't think I could ever work for the government. Rolling Eyes
Welcome though. Pleasure is all mine. I would extend a hand shake, but this is cyber space so...
Back to top Go down
http://I don't actually have a website, but I do have facebook.
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Virtual handshakes rock! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbcsherlocknewsforum.forumotion.com
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Glad to meet you Hana! I really enjoy foriegn languages and other cultures, so I figured I can be partriotic. II am reeally interested in Homelnd Security.
~Harley
Back to top Go down
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
The Improbable One

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Okay, that would be cool. I admit.
Back to top Go down
jenny

jenny

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Works for government...surely, you must be Mycroft in disguise Laughing

With a name like Harley Quin, you must be a big fan of Agatha Christie too! Her works featuring Harley Quin are among my favourites. Such a mysterious man, appearing under mysterious and critical circumstances...
Back to top Go down
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:10 pm

Yes, I recently finished his stories, and I love Agatha Christie! But Harley is my favourite because my name is Harley too. I was thrilled when I discovered that he spells his name the same way!
I thought Mycroft was entertaining in the book, but i did not like the way he was portrayed on Serlock. But it does not stop me from loving the show!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
The Improbable One

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:59 am

I actually haven't gotten to the part with Mycroft in the stories yet, I'm in the middle of The Adventure of the Speckled Band. Great story, BTW's. I tried to read anyone else, but it just doesn't click. Maybe I should try Agatha. She seems okay. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:38 pm

You have to read "And Then There Were None" It is the best book! (It w ass also the first book I read by her).
I loved the Speckled Band! Albeit, I thought the ending was a less mysterious then many of the other stories. I knew the answer after the first page (ok that was a little hyperbolic...)
~Harley
Back to top Go down
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
The Improbable One

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:55 pm

I'll defiantly have to look into that. It sounds brilliant. I've read The Speckled Band several times, it's brilliant. Hahaha!
SH
Back to top Go down
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Yeah I liked that one too! But I thought the ending was a little obvious.
~Harley
Back to top Go down
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
The Improbable One

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:46 pm

It was obvious, but I love it all the same. Hhahahaha!
SH
Back to top Go down
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Yeah the ending mde me feel smart! You might like the Ellery Queen series. It is a TV show and a book series. I was watching one and it is cool because they do not keep information away from the viewer so you have a chance to solve the crime!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
The Improbable One

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:47 am

I like doing that. It makes me feel clever. With Sherlock, you just have to pay attention. I believe they give you most of what you need to solve the crime. But maybe I've watched it too much, so I already know what I'm looking for. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cecilie Gronlund

Cecilie Gronlund

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:18 am

My English teacher is obsessed with crime-fiction Smile So he makes us read a lot about the subject. And I've read that there are some "rules" you have to follow to write a perfect crimefiction. And one of them is to give the reader/the viewer the same chance as the detective to solve the crime Very Happy
But sometimes the detective is just a bit smarter than us readers/viewers Wink

I'm Cecilie btw. Nice to meet you Smile
Back to top Go down
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
The Improbable One

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:04 pm

And with that I have to agree with you! Hello! I'm Hana, and the pleasure is mine. I love crime fiction, they are really awesome. Very Happy I love this site, I get to meet all sorts of new people!
Back to top Go down
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:56 pm

That is true people will quit reading if the do not feel clever! It reminds me of math class where I had to make gambling game and the probability had to be good enough that the people would win often but bad enough so that I earned money! Mine was a sucess! too bad the money was fake...
~Harley
Back to top Go down
The Improbable One
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
The Improbable One

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:45 am

Too bad indeed. I'm good with numbers, it's just one of the areas that I'm good in. Hhahaha! I do these really awesome number crossword puzzles because they are amazing. I just like to feel clever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harley Quin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley Quin   Harley Quin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harley Quin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sherlock News Forum :: Welcome! :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: