Sherlock News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum to discuss all things Sherlock!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Steven Moffat gives clues for series two!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

Steven Moffat gives clues for series two! Empty
PostSubject: Steven Moffat gives clues for series two!   Steven Moffat gives clues for series two! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 am

Critic's choice: Steven Moffat

The Doctor Who and Sherlock writer is set to have a very exciting 2011

Two massive BBC1 shows, Sherlock and Doctor Who, return to the screen this year. And there will be high expectations of the man behind them both, writer Steven Moffat.

As the successor to Russell T Davies at the helm of Doctor Who, Moffat had already become one of the few British TV writers to acquire the kind of recognition usually reserved for those on screen. But last summer's Sherlock, which Moffat co-wrote with Mark Gatiss, propelled him to a whole new level. "I've found myself in this situation and, let's be honest, I won't be in it for that long," Moffat says. "Nobody in their right minds could have expected this. It's ridiculous. I can't think of anyone having this much fun in TV at the moment." Moffat's writing sparkles with playful asides and smart one-liners. "I particularly like writing the Doctor. He's such a fun character, he's so mad," he says, with glee. But surely the bigger his shows become, the more pressure there is to live up to fans' expectations? "Pressure," he says, "is when everyone hates the show and you still have to write the second series!"

He remains tight-lipped about what lies in store. "You can have three words to work from," he laughs. "Adler, Hound, Reichenbach. Those are your clues."

When it comes to Doctor Who, Moffat admits that it's "entirely impossible" to escape the brouhaha that surrounds the show. "But it's not inhibiting at all – I love Doctor Who, so I love writing it. You are aware at times of the importance of Doctor Who to the BBC, but the remarkable thing about the audience isn't so much its size, which of course is considerable, but the passion of the fans."

This year the episodes are to be split into two separate chunks, with seven in the spring, and six in the autumn, when Sherlock will also be returning to our TVs. It is not unlikely that Moffat will see his shows vying for accolades on BBC1.

Praise, however, does not need to come in grand form. The greatest compliment, Moffat says, "is if I mention the show to someone and their face lights up and all they can talk about is how much they adore it."

source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2011/jan/03/critics-choice-steve-moffat
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbcsherlocknewsforum.forumotion.com
Claire
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Steven Moffat gives clues for series two!   Steven Moffat gives clues for series two! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:39 pm

To me, those sound like some really great clues... But, as with the episodes that have been made so far, they'll probably do something completely brilliant with them that will leave us all awestruck. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reisuto

Reisuto

PostSubject: Re: Steven Moffat gives clues for series two!   Steven Moffat gives clues for series two! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:27 am

Sounds fascinating *^*
Back to top Go down
Sherlock'sHousekeeper
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Sherlock'sHousekeeper

PostSubject: Re: Steven Moffat gives clues for series two!   Steven Moffat gives clues for series two! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:17 am

looking forward to those episodes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irene Adler

Irene Adler

PostSubject: Re: Steven Moffat gives clues for series two!   Steven Moffat gives clues for series two! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:47 pm

BBC Sherlock Admin wrote:
"You can have three words to work from," he laughs. "Adler, Hound, Reichenbach. Those are your clues."

No doubt these episodes will be absolutely brilliant - cannot wait Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Moffat gives clues for series two!   Steven Moffat gives clues for series two! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Moffat gives clues for series two!
Page 1 of 1