Sherlock News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum to discuss all things Sherlock!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story?   Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:05 pm

What is your favourite Sherlock Holmes story and why?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbcsherlocknewsforum.forumotion.com
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story?   Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:29 pm

I really Liked The Dancing Men, because of the secret messagee. I was excited to try to decode it. I didnt succeed as quickly as Sherlock did, but I enjoyed it so much that now I find ciphers online and try tt figure them out!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
BBC Sherlock Admin
Admin
BBC Sherlock Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story?   Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Harley.Quin wrote:
I really Liked The Dancing Men, because of the secret messagee. I was excited to try to decode it. I didnt succeed as quickly as Sherlock did, but I enjoyed it so much that now I find ciphers online and try tt figure them out!
~Harley

Great choice Harley! I love that story too! I'm so bad at cipher's though Laughing

I can't choose just one story as my fav, it's too difficult! LOL! Laughing But I think I have narrowed it down to three stories Smile

1) The Hound of the Baskervilles - I think this has to be a lot of Sherlockians fav story. For me it's extra special because it's the first Sherlock Holmes story I ever came across - I saw the film version with Peter Cushing as Homles and since then I have been addicted! This story is just perfection in my opinion and possibly the ultimate classic SH story ever!

2) The Final Problem - how can you not love the final showdown between our favourite consulting detective and the ultimate criminal mastermind - Holmes vs. Moriarty? The Reichenbach Falls, the death of Moriarty and the possible death of Holmes!!! Very Happy ;ove it! Plus I was lucky enough to go to Switzerland and stay at the Sherlock Holmes hotel in Meiringen and see the waterfalls! Very Happy

3) The Empty House - The return of Sherlock Holmes!!! I have to pick this story as a fav just for Watson's reaction when he sees Holmes alive! Classic!! Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbcsherlocknewsforum.forumotion.com
Harley.Quin
helping Molly in the lab
helping Molly in the lab
Harley.Quin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story?   Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Yes I loved the empty House as well! I thought it was funny how Watson described his surprise at seeing Holmes. But Doyle did not see Watson the way I do. Through reading intervies it seems that Doyle thought of Watson as stupid and a little stoic (well he said Watson never makes jokes). But personally I think watson is funny! Especilly in the Valley of Fear!
~Harley
Back to top Go down
SH

SH

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story?   Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:24 am

I totally agree with The Empty House ;D <3 An epic return for our beloved Holmes.
study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story?   Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Sherlock Holmes Story?
Page 1 of 1